The ICT‘s future Which I guess? 🧐

In 2047, what will happen!👾




Facer and Sandford predicted in 2010 where education and technology would be in 25 years. " should ‘the school’ retain its dominant position in assumptions about educational futures? "With the development of technology, there are so many formal and informal learning environments, and now in 2022, there really are more places to learn than just in school. For example, the online learning website Course, Duolingo, and Udemy, currently online learning, offer certificates and allow more learners from different environments and cultures to study together. I think by 2047, this form of online education will be more extensive and provide learning resources for more people. And this resource is more for people who don't have the means to study in school. In addition, online courses can get more specific certificates, which can show their abilities more directly. More people who don't have access to real schools will choose to learn through online resources.

Facer, K., & Sandford, R. (2010). The next 25 years?: Future scenarios and future directions for education and technology. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 26, 74–93.

I think, with the development of science and technology, artificial intelligence will be more and more popular. Now in 2022, we already have a lot of AI robots to help us manage our daily lives. In addition to mobile phones, we can use Hi Siri or Alexa voice control at home. But the reason it's not so popular is that there are a lot of people who don't know that much about using technology. But in 2047, the use of technology will become increasingly popular, and artificial intelligence will become an indispensable assistant around us. Maybe in a lot of scenarios, we can send robots to do this, we just need to control from home or give orders.



In 2047, the development of ICTs may also have a negative impact on people. With the development of technology, many jobs begin to be replaced by AI, and people start to communicate at home, only through some software technology, we have forgotten how to communicate with people face to face. We learn to hide our formal selves in the online world, which causes us to become mentally dysfunctional and play different roles online. Also because of the dependence on the Internet, more hackers began to attack us from the Internet.



What will the future of ICT look like? 🙇🙇🙇

Humans control AI, or AI controls humans?🤖 vs 😀

No one knows!🤷






Comments

  1. Hi Yixuan! I really enjoy reading your post and I agree that ICTs have been dramatically assailable in good ways and bad ways. Your analysis of how technology could displace human labor is really interesting. But it makes me think about the alienation at work. This McDonaldization video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCj VhLgcmY) explains this alienation at workplace and I believe there are still many other jobs that are comparable to "McDonalds" today. I wonder if ICTs could assist lessen that sense of alienation while also generating additional chances for legitimate employment. However, the loss of jobs that have been displaced by technologies has also been a severe issue of course. I am wondering if there are some ways we can balance the two possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yixuan, like Margaret, I like your complex views of the future of ICT. I agree that ICT can improve educational access for underserved people. However, I want to share my concerns about moving to an online educational system. I've learned in previous classes that people born in underserved families use ICTs differently than their peers born in higher social classes. Studies have found that people who come from middle-class or higher families tend to use ICTs to support their learning endeavors. However, those who are underserved usually do not. Why? It's because of their family environments. People in underserved communities tend to come from families who might not be as experienced with technology. As a result, it affects how people use technologies for learning. Here is a study done on this topic: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0360131519300983

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yixuan, I like that you outlined both the opportunities and the dangers of emerging ICTs - makes me think of Brad Smith's book "Tools and Weapons" or Max Tegmark's "Life 3.0". Don't you think that we have equal chance of getting either? And if so, do humans have a role to play in maximising all that's good about ICT and minimising all that's dangerous? What kind of education needs to happen around HOW we think about tech, rather WHAT we create? Tegmark was writing about the dilemma between verification vs validation: building the thing right versus building the right thing. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🤫 FAKE NEWS❗: Technological Determinism is Dead

PLE website “VESSAY”